The engineers at Austrian Audio have designed and produced some of the world’s most acclaimed headphones and drivers. When it came time to create their first family of professional headphones, they took all the time needed to create them and to exceed many of the goals and challenges that came before.
Introducing the new professional Hi-X (High Excursion) headphones from Austrian Audio. Whether you choose the Hi-X50 or Hi-X55, know that you are getting “Made in Austria” quality from a team that stands behind this all-new design. You won’t find off the shelf drivers and key components here – everything is crafted by Austrian Audio right here in Austria.
Austrian Audio’s science, measurements, and listening tests have shown that 44mm is the optimum size for this design. It ensures professional performance in the Hi-X, moves a lot of air, and eliminates ‘wobbling’ of the diaphragm. This is akin to damping of the driver mass, which is where our membrane really shows results: it is ultra-stiff while still reducing unwanted resonance.
- High Excursion proprietary drivers
- Designed for today’s contemporary music production
- Detachable cable, for replaceability, compact portability and safety from damage
- All metal hinges and bow for maximum durability
- Foldable construction for maximum portability and easy storage
- Furnished with 3.5mm (1/8 inch) to 6.3mm (1/4 inch) adapter
- Soft slow retention memory foam earpads
- Frequency range: 5Hz – 28kHz
- Sensitivity: 118dBspl/V
- THD (@ 1kHz): < 0.1%
- Impedance: 25 Ω
- Input Power: 150 mW
- Cable (detachable): 3m
For detailed information, please visit the Austrian Audio website.