Peak sounds warm and rich with filthy, biting overdrive. It’s an eight-voice desktop polyphonic synthesiser with three New Oxford Oscillators for each voice. The synth has a resonant multi-mode analogue filter for each voice, and three distortion points in an analogue signal chain.
Peak’s design consultant was none other than Chris Huggett, the man behind Bass Station, Supernova, OSCar and many more legendary synths. Peak has its origin in the Bass Station II analogue monosynth, and Peak’s oscillators sound completely analogue by being high-quality NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators), but gain the flexibility of the digital domain with 17 digital wavetables.
Broaden out your electronic music, draw in new influences and take artistic risks. The modulation system puts the most frequently used assignments right at your fingertips in the main controls. More elaborate movements and secondary ‘via’ assignments are made just a few menu button presses away.
You can plug Peak into your Mac or PC via USB and start playing. It also has MIDI I/O on five-pin DIN ports, so you can connect your other MIDI gear. Oh, and did we mention it connects to modular systems via a CV modulation input?
- Analogue-sounding NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators) and 17 digital wavetables
- Three distortion points for each voice – pre-filter, post-filter and global – in an analogue signal chain
- Peak is capable of receiving polyphonic aftertouch, which puts expression right at your fingertips
- The three New Oxford Oscillators for each voice can become a linear FM source
- 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments controlled from the front panel
- Two animate buttons give live performers instant one-touch transformation of patches
- Reverb, delay and chorus at your disposal, and there’s also an arpeggiator
- Connect and sync to your music software and MIDI-compatible hardware
- CV modulation input
- Keep as many patches as you like on your Mac or PC using the Components software
- OLED display
- Metal chassis with American walnut wooden end cheeks
- 8 note polyphony (dependent on voices used per note)
- 5 Voice Modes – Mono, MonoLG, Mono2, Poly, Poly2 Per voice
- 3 oscillators
- 1 noise generator
- 1 ring modulator
- 2 LFOs
- 1 Amp envelope and 2 mod envelopes
- 1x State variable OTA filter per voice. 12/24dB slope, Low-pass / band-pass / high-pass
- Waveforms include: Sine, tri, sawtooth, square / pulse plus 17 wavetables of 5 waveforms per row
- Product Dimensions: 233mm x 464mm x 70.5mm